Point O’Woods is seeking to fill the part time, hourly position in the Administration Office. Interested individuals should submit a resume to email@example.com
Title: Operations Administrator
Job Purpose: Support Point O’Woods Association’s operations by providing operations support to the Board of Governors (BOG); serving as a central point of contact for property owners; maintaining association communications; and maintain Association records.
Operations Administrator Job Duties:
- Primary Point O’Woods phone, Email, Website contact for property owners
- Collect, sort and distribute mail; handle outgoing mail
- Maintains office services by organizing office, stocking forms, controlling correspondence, establishing or continuously improving process and procedure
- Post announcements, minutes, agenda, etc. on The Association Bulletin Boards and Website
- Prepare agenda and publish minutes of the Monthly BOG and Annual meetings
- First responder for issues or questions received via Phone, Email, and Website. Develop response, or direct to appropriate Commissioner
- Keeps BOG informed by reviewing and analyzing management calendar and initiating action according to schedule
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains POW databases (property owners, volunteers, vendors/suppliers, etc.) to support the BOG commission functions
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Governors during the budget process, developing call of the annual meeting and other BOG functions
- Strong communications skills
- Time management, follow through, attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently, analyze situations, establish priorities and engage the appropriate resources as required
- Effective team player
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office,
Point O’ Woods is now accepting applications for Parking Lot Attendants and Recreation Counselors. Applications can be obtained from, and submitted to, the Administration Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 152, South Lyme, CT 06376
Employment Application Download: here
If you are interested in a counselor position, request an employment application from the Operations Administrator, complete it and return it by March 1, prior to the season you are applying for. Based on applications, suitable candidates will be selected for brief telephone interviews and all interviewees will be notified of their standing by April 1.
(Recreation Program Application is also available for download: POW REC Employment Application.)
POW residents interested in using the beach for boat storage this season are encouraged to get their applications in as soon as possible.
You can obtain more information here: Point O’ Woods Beach
Applications can be returned via e-mail: email@example.com, left in the mailbox outside the Administrative Office (12 Connecticut Rd) or mailed: Point O’ Woods, PO Box 152, S. Lyme, CT 06376
It is with great sadness that we inform you that Jeff Keish, the Point O’Woods facilities manager for over 20 years, passed away Wednesday after a courageous battle with cancer. Our sympathy and prayers go out to his wife Kim and family.
Jeff went beyond being a dedicated, thoughtful employee of Point O’Woods to being a valued friend and neighbor, committed to our community. His untold contributions have allowed us to enjoy our time at Point O’Woods.
Calling hours will be held Monday Dec. 29th from 6-8 pm at Thomas Neilan Funeral Home, 48 Grand Street in Niantic. There will be a brief obituary in The Day paper this Sunday (12/21) and then the full one will be on the Friday (12/26) after Christmas. (http://www.neilanfuneralhome.com/)
A committee has been formed consisting of Mark Stankiewicz, Fred Callahan, Bill Lacy, Jack Gibson and Bud Phelps. This committee will hold a Celebration of Life for Jeff at POW in late July or early August. If anyone has any questions, or would like to volunteer to help, please contact Fred Callahan (860) 209 – 2944
Point O’Woods Board of Governors
Wishes for a joyous Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!
The Fall/Winter Newsletter can be found online here. If you would prefer a hard-copy, please contact the POW Administrative office to have one mailed.
Just a reminder a revised sign ordinance was passed at the annual meeting on June 7, 2014. Please familiarize yourself with the new guidelines if you are selling or renting your home. In order to give local realtors a chance to make necessary changes to their signs, we will not begin issuing fines until after January 1st.
(Chapter 3, Acts of Nuisance)
Section 2. The posting of bills, placards, or advertisements upon any building, wall, fence, post, vacant lot, Right of Ways or other POW association property is not allowed.
The following signs are allowed:
1) Real Estate signs- “Open House”,”For Sale”, or “For Rent” signs, are allowed only during the term of the listing contracts. Such real estate signs shall not exceed four(4) square feet in total, as example 2 feet by 2 feet, and only one sign allowed per owners property.
2) Contractor signs, which shall be placed no further than 5 feet away from the house, and shall only be allowed for the duration of the construction. Such contractor signs shall not exceed 2 square feet.
3) “Tag Sale” signs will only be allowed for the day of the sale.
Point O’Woods is served by a community sanitary sewer system that could be damaged by flushing prohibited materials to the sewer.
CAUTION: Only flush sanitary waste down the drain.
Below are examples of what NOT to flush:
- Diapers, rags, or any kind of cloth
- Bulk grease or fat
- Sand, kitty litter, aquarium gravel, pet cage shavings
- String, dental floss, feminine products
- Plastic or metal objects
- Paints or paint thinners
- Gasoline, kerosene, solvents, or any flammable or combustible materials
- Strong chemicals or toxic, caustic, or poisonous substances
- Seafood shells, bones, cherry stones, peach pits, etc.
Remember to drain cooking pans, before cleaning in the sink, and dispose of grease separately.
In the event that any damage was caused by any of the above listed UN-flushable items, the cost to repair may be that of the homeowner.
After many years of service on the Board of Governors Nominating Committee, Lorraine Gibson’s term is complete leaving an open position on the committee. We appreciate Lorraine’s efforts and contributions to the Point O’Woods community and we’ll see her relaxing on the beach.
The Nominating Committee identifies, screens and selects candidates to serve on the Point O’Woods Association Board of Governors as well as the WPCA Board of Governors. Their objective is to present potential candidates for the Board review, approval and ultimately the property owners for election at the POW Annual Meeting. Committee members serve for 3 years.
If you have an interest in serving on the Nomination Committee, notify Pamela Walters, Operations Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-434-5686.