‘Tis the season! Time to pick up your parking/resident and boat basin stickers for the upcoming summer season. Sticker pick up will be at the Pavilion on Saturday May 23rd, Sunday May 24th from 10am-2pm and then on Monday May 24th from 10am-1pm.
Boats on the beach stickers will be available Sunday May 24th from 10am-2pm.
Golf cart stickers will be available next weekend.
Here’s to a great season!
POW residents interested in using the beach for boat storage this season are encouraged to get their applications in as soon as possible.
You can obtain more information here: Point O’ Woods Beach
Applications can be returned via e-mail: email@example.com, left in the mailbox outside the Administrative Office (12 Connecticut Rd) or mailed: Point O’ Woods, PO Box 152, S. Lyme, CT 06376
Point O’Woods is served by a community sanitary sewer system that could be damaged by flushing prohibited materials to the sewer.
CAUTION: Only flush sanitary waste down the drain.
Below are examples of what NOT to flush:
- Diapers, rags, or any kind of cloth
- Bulk grease or fat
- Sand, kitty litter, aquarium gravel, pet cage shavings
- String, dental floss, feminine products
- Plastic or metal objects
- Paints or paint thinners
- Gasoline, kerosene, solvents, or any flammable or combustible materials
- Strong chemicals or toxic, caustic, or poisonous substances
- Seafood shells, bones, cherry stones, peach pits, etc.
Remember to drain cooking pans, before cleaning in the sink, and dispose of grease separately.
In the event that any damage was caused by any of the above listed UN-flushable items, the cost to repair may be that of the homeowner.
Just a reminder a revised sign ordinance was passed at the annual meeting on June 7, 2014. Please familiarize yourself with the new guidelines if you are selling or renting your home.
(Chapter 3, Acts of Nuisance)
Section 2. The posting of bills, placards, or advertisements upon any building, wall, fence, post, vacant lot, Right of Ways or other POW association property is not allowed.
The following signs are allowed:
1) Real Estate signs- “Open House”,”For Sale”, or “For Rent” signs, are allowed only during the term of the listing contracts. Such real estate signs shall not exceed four(4) square feet in total, as example 2 feet by 2 feet, and only one sign allowed per owners property.
2) Contractor signs, which shall be placed no further than 5 feet away from the house, and shall only be allowed for the duration of the construction. Such contractor signs shall not exceed 2 square feet.
3) “Tag Sale” signs will only be allowed for the day of the sale.
It is with great sadness that we inform you that Jeff Keish, the Point O’Woods facilities manager for over 20 years, passed away. Our sympathy and prayers go out to his wife Kim and family.
Jeff went beyond being a dedicated, thoughtful employee of Point O’Woods to being a valued friend and neighbor, committed to our community. His untold contributions have allowed us to enjoy our time at Point O’Woods.
A committee has been formed consisting of Mark Stankiewicz, Fred Callahan, Bill Lacy, Jack Gibson and Bud Phelps. This committee will hold a Celebration of Life for Jeff at POW in late July or early August. If anyone has any questions, or would like to volunteer to help, please contact Fred Callahan (860) 209 – 2944
Point O’Woods Board of Governors
After many years of service on the Board of Governors Nominating Committee, Lorraine Gibson’s term is complete leaving an open position on the committee. We appreciate Lorraine’s efforts and contributions to the Point O’Woods community and we’ll see her relaxing on the beach.
The Nominating Committee identifies, screens and selects candidates to serve on the Point O’Woods Association Board of Governors as well as the WPCA Board of Governors. Their objective is to present potential candidates for the Board review, approval and ultimately the property owners for election at the POW Annual Meeting. Committee members serve for 3 years.
If you have an interest in serving on the Nomination Committee, notify Pamela Walters, Operations Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-434-5686.