Point O’Woods Association is currently seeking a Parking Lot Attendant for the 2019 summer season. If you are interested in this position contact Fred Callahan @ 860-209-2944.
The 100 Year Anniversary is still in the beginning stages. Check back in early 2019 for more information. If you would like to volunteer contact the Administrative Office at 860-434-5686 and leave your name and phone.
New Service Provides Ability to Send a Text Message in an Emergency When Absolutely Necessary, Including for Those with Disabilities and in Situations When a Voice Call is Not Safe
The State of Connecticut has launched a new Text-to-911 capability as part of the state’s new Next Generation 9-1-1 Emergency Telecommunications System.
Text-to-911 provides residents with the ability to send a text message to 9-1-1 from a handheld device in emergency situations when it is either unsafe or they are unable to place a voice call.
The system, which is available statewide, is now in effect.
To use Text-to-911, enter the numbers “911” in the “to” or “recipient” field on a mobile phone or other handheld device.
Text a brief message that includes the location of the emergency and what services are needed (police, fire, ambulance).
After that, answer questions and follow-up instructions will come from the 9-1-1 call center.
For more information on the Text-to-911 system and to see a demonstration of the capability, visit www.Text911CT.org
The monthly Board meetings are held at the The Old Lyme Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library in Old Lyme, CT unless otherwise noted on the posted agenda. Please check the agenda for correct location. Meetings begin at 6:30PM, and POW residents are encouraged to attend. Agenda are posted on the website and bulletin boards at the beach no later than 24 hours before the scheduled meeting. The charter requires that minutes be posted in the same locations within 48 hours after the meeting (if minutes are not ready for posting, at a minimum the decisions at the meeting will be posted with full minutes following a few days later).
- March 26
- April 9 Budget Workshop
- April 23
- May 28
- June 1 – Annual meeting will be held at 6:00 pm at the Middle School OL
- June 25
- July 23
- August 27
- September 24
- October 22
- November 19
If a property owner believes a tree that is next to their property and believed to be on Point O’Woods property, is dying or dead and believed to be in need of removal, the property owner will need to do the following:
- Provide a recent survey of their property showing the tree on Point O’Woods property with dimensions, markings or “pins” to show the property lines.
- If the property owner does not have a recent survey, they will need to have said area surveyed by a licensed and certified survey company.
- They will need to have their property “pinned” or marked with proper markings so we can review land titles and verify property lines.
- They will need to send this information to the Board of Governors for review.
- Once verified, the Point O’Woods Board will take steps to have said tree(s) removed.
Stumps will not be part of the removal process. The Board is only willing to take down tree(s) to protect property and for concerns of safety.