Applications and checks for 2016 beach storage spaces will be accepted starting April 1, 2016, by US mail at the Admin Office: P.O. Box 152, South Lyme, CT 06376.
Space is limited so spaces will be assigned in the order they are received in the mail at the Admin Office.
The link to the application form is below. Print the form, complete it and mail to the Admin Office with a check for the appropriate amount made payable to Point O’Woods Association. Include your email if you would like us to communicate directly with you.
Please note: Beach storage has been limited to a total of 6 (six) catamarans.
THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA APPLY:
- Applicant must be a Point O’Woods property owner
- Limit 2 kayak slots per family. Other watercraft, 1 slot per family.
- Complete a separate form for each craft (with the exception of 2 kayaks, use one form)
- Kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and small boats (sail and row)
- NOTE: The first 6 applicants for catamaran space will be granted stickers, additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list, in the order they have been received.
REGULATIONS AND AGREEMENT:
- Storage season starts June 15 and vessels must be removed by October 15 – fines apply.
- A Point O’Woods Sticker must be visibly displayed on the vessel’s upper bow.
- All vessels must be stored in a row in front of, and perpendicular to the berm (but not on the berm) and tied to the mooring cable by an Owner Supplied line.
- Owners are responsible for removing their vessels from the beach whenever major storms or higher than normal tides are forecasted.
- Violations of the above will result in the vessel being ticketed.
- Vessels without a sticker will be ticketed and secured until payment of the ticket.
- Point O’Woods is not responsible for any damage caused to, or by a vessel as a result of its storage on the beach.