Revised Sign Ordinance

For-Rent-9584598645Just a reminder a revised sign ordinance was passed at the annual meeting on June 7, 2014.  Please familiarize yourself with the new guidelines if you are selling or renting your home.  In order to give local realtors a chance to make necessary changes to their signs, we will not begin issuing fines until after January 1st.

(Chapter 3, Acts of Nuisance)


Section 2.  The posting of bills, placards, or advertisements upon any building, wall, fence, post, vacant lot, Right of Ways or other POW association property is not allowed.
The following signs are allowed:
1) Real Estate signs- “Open House”,”For Sale”, or “For Rent” signs, are allowed only during the term of the listing contracts. Such real estate signs shall not exceed four(4) square feet in total, as example 2 feet by 2 feet, and only one sign allowed per owners property.
2) Contractor signs, which shall be placed no further than 5 feet away from the house, and shall only be allowed for the duration of the construction. Such contractor signs shall not exceed 2 square feet.
3) “Tag Sale” signs will only be allowed for the day of the sale.

Connecticut Water Seasonal Service

Seasonal Service DiagramOver the years Point O’ Woods customers have requested greater flexibility in the activation and deactivation of their seasonal water service with Connecticut Water.  We are pleased to inform you that beginning this fall, customers will be able to shut-off their water service on a date of their choosing through the operation of their own ‘stop & waste’ valve.


The water main remains active all year long so it is important that the water to your property be turned off to protect your plumbing from freezing or causing damage to your property.  if you have any questions, please contact our customer service department at:1-800-286-5700

Robert Ross
Superintendent, Shoreline Region
Connecticut Water

Annual Leaf Pick-Up

Annual Leaf Pick-Up 
will commence this year on Monday November 17th and continue until Friday December 19th.

Leaves must be placed in paper bags and left on the edge of your property.  There is no personal or contractor drop off at Anderson Park.

Never Flush

Point O’Woods is served by a community sanitary sewer system that could be damaged by flushing prohibited materials to the sewer.

CAUTION: Only flush sanitary waste down the drain.

Below are examples of what NOT to flush:

  • Diapers, rags, or any kind of cloth
  • Bulk grease or fat
  • Sand, kitty litter, aquarium gravel, pet cage shavings
  • String, dental floss, feminine products
  • Plastic or metal objects
  • Paints or paint thinners
  • Gasoline, kerosene, solvents, or any flammable or combustible materials
  • Strong chemicals or toxic, caustic, or poisonous substances
  • Seafood shells, bones, cherry stones, peach pits, etc.

Remember to drain cooking pans, before cleaning in the sink, and dispose of grease separately.

In the event that any damage was caused by any of the above listed UN-flushable items, the cost to repair may be that of the homeowner.

BOG Nominating Committee

After many years of service on the Board of Governors Nominating Committee, Lorraine Gibson’s term is complete leaving an open position on the committee. We appreciate Lorraine’s efforts and contributions to the Point O’Woods community and we’ll see her relaxing on the beach.

The Nominating Committee identifies, screens and selects candidates to serve on the Point O’Woods Association Board of Governors as well as the WPCA Board of Governors. Their objective is to present potential candidates for the Board review, approval and ultimately the property owners for election at the POW Annual Meeting. Committee members serve for 3 years.

If you have an interest in serving on the Nomination Committee, notify Pamela Walters, Operations Administrator, at or 860-434-5686.