Tree Removal Policy
If a property owner believes a tree that is next to their property and believed to be on Point O’Woods property, is dying or dead and believed to be in need of removal, the property owner will need to do the following:
- Provide a recent survey of their property showing the tree on Point O’Woods property with dimensions, markings or “pins” to show the property lines.
- If the property owner does not have a recent survey, they will need to have said area surveyed by a licensed and certified survey company.
- They will need to have their property “pinned” or marked with proper markings so we can review land titles and verify property lines.
- They will need to send this information to the Board of Governors for review.
- Once verified, the Point O’Woods Board will take steps to have said tree(s) removed.
Stumps will not be part of the removal process. The Board is only willing to take down tree(s) to protect property and for concerns of safety.