Point O′Woods Community Garden
At this time, all Community Garden Plots are full. We do maintain a waitlist for those who wish to be added for the next available garden plot. For those interested in being added to the waitlist, please complete an application and forward to the POW Administrative Office. Your name will be added to the list that is maintained on a first come, first served basis. (Please do not forward any payments to be added to the waitlist; payment will be collected when a garden plot is granted.)
The Community Garden is featured at "Anderson Field," located at the corner of Walnut and Carrington Roads. Owners are able to rent a 10' x 10' plot to grow vegetables and flowers for the current growing season.
The garden’s guidelines are outlined in the Garden Rental Rules and Regulations:
- Plot renters must be Point O' Woods property owners.
- A Community Garden application must be submitted to the POW Office. There is a deadline for applications but since there is a waitlist, applications will be accepted.
- Garden access is limited to the hours between 7:30 AM and 8:00 PM, between April through late October.
- Chemical pesticide and herbicide use is prohibited in the Community Garden plots.
- There is about a foot of soil over the rock ledge so rains will pool (mounded rows for planting are recommended). That said, the soil there is very fertile, and the site gets lots of sun.
- A water supply has been arranged thanks to a kind POW neighbor.
- The end of the season is October 31: All useable crops, weed mats, tools, and personal items must be completely removed from the garden area by then.
Administration & Publications
A member of the POW Board of Governors is designated as Grounds Commissioner and is responsible for the operation, maintenance and financial status of the Garden.