Kayaks and Paddle Boards
Kayaks, Paddle Boards and Boats on the Beach
The popularity of kayaks and paddle boards has continued to increase along with the interest in conveniently storing them on the beach. The Board has allocated space on the beach and is installing racks for the storage of 80 kayaks and paddle boards. The numbered slots will be assigned with corresponding numbered stickers and no vessels will be stored on the beach. No additional space will be allotted for sailboats, canoes, etc.
Eligibility for slots is restricted to property owners with a maximum of 2 slots per property.
Regulations and Agreement
For those renewing boat slots or applying for a slot, the following are the items they agree to or lose their privilege:
- Storage season starts June 15 and vessels must be removed by October 15 – fines apply.
- A Point O'Woods Sticker must be visibly displayed on the vessel’s upper bow.
- The vessel sticker number corresponds with a rack slot number where it is to be stored. No vessels should be left on the beach sand.
- Owners are responsible for removing their vessels from the racks whenever major storms or higher than normal tides are forecasted.
- Violations of the above will result in the vessel being ticketed.
- Vessels without a sticker will be ticketed and secured until payment of the ticket.
- Point O'Woods is not responsible for any damage caused to or by a vessel as a result of its storage on the rack and it is stored pursuant to this agreement at its own risk and peril.
Registration Form for Renewal and New (may be waitlisted)
Removing Boats from the Beach
For those who store boats on the beach, they must be removed by October 15.
If they are left on the beach, a fine will be imposed, and the vessel will be removed from the beach effective on November 1. You must pay the fine and take possession of the vessel by December 1 or lose the privilege of beach storage the following year.