Point O'Woods Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA)
Point O’Woods is served by a community sanitary sewer system that could be damaged by flushing prohibited materials to the sewer.
CAUTION: Only sanitary waste is to flushed down the drain.
Below are examples of what NOT to flush:
- Diapers, rags, or any kind of cloth
- Bulk grease or fat
- Sand, kitty litter, aquarium gravel, pet cage shavings
- String, dental floss, feminine products
- Plastic or metal objects
- Paints or paint thinners
- Gasoline, kerosene, solvents, or any flammable or combustible materials
- Strong chemicals or toxic, caustic, or poisonous substances
- Seafood shells, bones, cherry stones, peach pits, etc.
Remember to drain cooking pans, before cleaning in the sink, and dispose of grease separately.
In the event that any damage was caused by any of the above listed UN-flushable items, the cost to repair may be that of the homeowner.
The Point O'Woods Association, Incorporated
Water Pollution Control Authority
Post Office Box 186
South Lyme, Connecticut 06376